Minutes of a meeting of Hazelwood Parish Council held in the Memorial Hall, Hazelwood on 24th July 2014 commencing at 7.30p.m.


Present: Chairman:  Councillor M Angold

Councillors: Councillors K Walker, L Brown, J Harris and

H Walford


Also present: Clerk:   Mrs S E Smith

       Councillor D Taylor (AVBC)  

15/14/15 Apologies given:  No apologies were given

16/14/15 Variation of Order of Business

  No variation to Order of Business was deemed necessary.

17/14/15 Declaration of Members Interests

 None

18/14/15 Public Speaking

 Councillor Taylor attended the meeting, he apologised for missing the last meeting as it clashed with the European elections in May.

 Councillor Taylor confirmed that Amber Valley Borough was now under labour control.

 The Core Strategy has been postponed until November due to a lack of building sites. In a borough council meeting it was stated that an extra 3000 houses were to be built, this brings the number to 10300 to be built over the next 15 years. Quarndon, Belper and Denby were to have a large number of them. Alport Ward as a local area had been very lucky.

 The Queen had been to John Smedleys in Matlock and Councillor Taylor had been presented to her.


19/14/15 Minutes of the last Meeting

 Minutes of the council meeting held on the 22nd May 2014, copies of which had been passed to the councillors prior to this meeting, were taken as read, approved and signed by the Chairman for accuracy only.

 There will be no WW1 event in the Memorial Hall in August and the Church may prepare an extra event to coincide with Remembrance Sunday in November.

 In the previous meeting there were concerns with over hanging trees. Highways will contact private individuals to request they are cut back to the required levels. Highways were in the process of contacting the land registry to ascertain ownership of some land.


20/14/15 Items for Exclusion

 Nothing was deemed necessary for exclusion.


21/14/15 Chairman’s Announcements

All grass around the Memorial Hall and in the churchyard has been cut. The car park has been swept and tidied. The Community Services group have done this and the church and parish will pay a combined fee of £500, payable at the end of the year. There has been a lack of volunteers to do this so it has become advantageous to use the Community Service team.

Due to the lack of volunteers wanting to look after the hall lettings, another advert will be placed in the Parish magazine, the Chairman has been dealing with this on a temporary basis for the last 2 years.

The Chairman mentioned that the accounting system for charities was likely to be changing next year and he requested that the Clerk look into this prior to the next meeting.

Clerk also to archive any paperwork to the records held in the hall.

The exterior of the memorial hall is to be cleaned this weekend and internally repainted during the forthcoming week. The plaques have been cleaned.  Thanks go to Lubrizol who are covering the cost for this recognition of the WW1 occasion.

A suggestion was made to form a Memorial Hall User group to act as a forum for feedback to help decide in the future of the hall. This would also help in the day to day management of the hall and involve more people in the management.


22/14/15 Derbyshire Association of Local Councils

All circulars having been previously circulated were received.


23/14/15 Financial Matters

(a) Present Balances

 Business Reserve                              £0.02

Memorial Hall                     £8966.87

Parish Council                £5058.39


(d) Accounts had been audited by Grant Thornton, all were present and correct. A notice was on the Parish Board to this effect should anyone wish to inspect the accounts.


24/14/15 Memorial Hall and Lettings

The notice board is in need of replacement and there has been interest by Nic Smith and Jackie                Harrison paying for this in memory of their parents. The Clerk to contact the planning department to ascertain whether planning would be required for a further notice board for the community or an enlargement of the original one.

           Councillor Walker has drawn up and tested a quiz to be held on a Friday or Saturday evening                in November.


25/14/15 Planning and Licensing Matters

There have been no planning applications since the last meeting.

26/14/15 Neighbourhood Planning

  A neighbourhood planning meeting was held earlier in July. There were 79 responses from the questionnaire; this is more than 50% of the parish. There was an information stand at the village fete in July. A consultant is on board and accumulation of basic evidence is now being reviewed.  The results of the second questionnaire are being analysed to determine the objectives and conclusions.

27/14/15 Request for a new laptop

 The Clerk had made a request for a new laptop as the existing one is causing a few issues, keying of data and the inability to download some information from emails is difficult to open. The request has been refused at present and the Chairman will look run the maintenance programs to clean the disk and see if that improves it.


29/14/15 Date and Time of the next meeting

The next meeting will be held in the Memorial Hall, Hazelwood, at 7.30pm on 25th

September 2014

The meeting was closed at 9.10pm

Signed______________________________ Chairman ___________________Date



Home what's on Parish Council community landscape gallery Neighbourhood Plan

             

                        Hazelwood Parish Council