Home what's on Parish Council community landscape gallery Neighbourhood Plan

             

                        Hazelwood Parish Council

MINUTES  OF  HAZELWOOD PARISH  COUNCIL  MEETING  

HELD ON TUESDAY 22.11.16 AT HAZELWOOD BOWLS PAVILION, HAZELWOOD


PRESENT   Councillors Walker (Chair), R Heath, G Wall, J Harris, M Thwaites, Councillor D Taylor (DCC), 4 members of the public, Parish Clerk


2016/2017-61 APOLOGIES

None


2016/2017-62 VARIATION OF ORDER OF BUSINESS

None


2016/2017-63 DECLARATION OF MEMBERS INTERESTS

Councillor Heath declared an interest in planning application AVA/2016/1126.


2016/2017-64 PUBLIC SPEAKING

A parishioner raised concerns about the notice period of the last meeting and asked for everything said at the meeting to be withdrawn. It was agreed to investigate the timescale however Councillor Walker did confirm that the notices had been displayed for the appropriate time.


A parishioner raised concerns regarding the use an email distribution list and mentioned that the Parish Council had previously agreed to send an apology regarding its use.  It was confirmed that the Parish Council had not instigated the recent email but would review the matter.


A parishioner made comments on their planning application and raised concerns about the number of affordable houses in the Neighbourhood Plan. The Chairman confirmed that that there were a number of open meetings where the public could have commented on this.


Councillor Heath reported that he would be making a planning application on Hazelwood Hill with the proposal to build one property and asked for advice on the process as part of the Neighbourhood Plan.  It was agreed to investigate.


Councillor Taylor reported that there had been a burglary at Shottle and Blackbrook during the day. DCC have reported that they are withdrawing subsidies from buses in September which affects a number of countryside buses. DCC currently have a 32-million-pound underspend. At the AVBC full council meeting it was reported about a proposal for empty property renovation loans and the proposed closure of the town centre offices in Alfreton, Belper and Heanor.


2016/2017-65 MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD 13.10.16/8.11.16

It was agreed to defer until the next meeting.


2016/2017-66 TO DETERMINE WHICH ITEMS IF ANY FROM PART 1 OF THE AGENDA SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH THE PUBLIC EXCLUDED

None


2016/2017-67 CHAIRMANS ANNOUNCEMENTS

Councillor Walker I am pleased to introduce and welcome Laura Storey, our newly appointed Parish Clerk / Financial Officer / Lettings Officer. Laura is qualified and experienced for this appointment, and currently holds a similar position in other local Parish Councils. She is well positioned to guide the Parish Council as we look to strengthen our Business and Financial Procedures.

At the same time I want to thank Cllr Judy Harris and Cllr Mike Thwaites, who respectively have been managing the duties of Lettings Officer for the Memorial Hall, and Parish Clerk.  Judy has yet to hand over responsibilities to Laura, but will, I know , look forward to some interruption free weekends which will be well merited.

Mike stepped into the role of Clerk at short notice earlier in the year, and his support has been greatly appreciated.


I am sad to record the death of Drew Bowler. Drew was a true son of Hazelwood and he has left us far too early. I have sent Di a condolence card on behalf of the Parish Council.


The Hazelwood Neighbourhood Plan was passed by the Parish in the Referendum of Oct 20th., and was finally “ made “ at the AVBC Council Meeting on Nov 16th.  It therefore assumed full weight in Planning Procedures as of November 17th 2016.  The Plan has taken over 3 years to complete, and I commend the Steering Group for their dedication and professionalism. I hope that the PC will agree that we should write to the Group Chairman to record our thanks for their achievements.

Whilst there is no Statutory requirement to do so, the NP does require the PC to report annually on the implementation of the Plan. This requirement was included on the advice of our Consultant who felt it would be good practice. This is an Agenda item.

We are also required to work with Highways to seek ways to control traffic speeds in the Village (Agenda Item,) to improve the provision of Broadband (NP9), to pursue the provision of a bus service to Derby ( AP 2) , and to encourage natural habitat improvement .  (A tree audit has already been completed, though may need refreshing.)


On Planning issues we finally saw the Lubrizol “ South “ Application lodged with AVBC , including a revocation of the Application for Hillside Farm , which will send a welcome message to the “ near neighbours “ on Hob Hill . We have agreed with Lubrizol that we will meet quarterly to ensure good communications on all matters of mutual interest.

Currently we are preparing an objection to an Application for 20 properties on Over Lane. This Application is utterly inconsistent with the policies of the Neighbourhood Plan, and consequently the stated aspirations of the Parish; and will be strongly resisted.


The Kalamunda Application was, despite local objections ( and ours ) approved . If the PC agrees I would propose to write to the Case Officer to request his justification for the approval.

We have recently upgraded the Gas Main Pipe in the Hall from 15mm to 22mm, and should now comply with current regulations regarding gas pressure to the Central Heating Boiler and the Cooker.  Replacement of the main doors to the Hall continues under review, quote detail is slow to emerge. The Cooker is now fully functional.

We will have to negotiate with current Lettors to ensure we can have the Hall for Council Meetings regularly on Tuesday evenings throughout the year.

Financials


Approximate Bank Balances as at today  HPC £3120

      HMH   £5200


These will be reported as agenda items by our RFO in the future.


Audit :  We need to review our direction on the auditing of our annual accounts. Following strong direction from DALC last year we had followed their recommendation on internal /external auditors, at a premium cost of £500 over prior years. It seems that other local Councils are continuing to source their audits locally. LS to report on her understanding.

We should arrange another PC Debit Card to cover small / medium expenses.


2016/2016-68 TRAFFIC : TO RESPOND TO STRONG VILLAGE INTEREST - WHAT IS OUR PREFERRED STRATEGY TO REDUCE EXCESSIVE TRAFFIC SPEEDS IN THE VILLAGE, PARTICULARLY ON HOB HILL/NETHER LANE AND HAZELWOOD HILL.

There is a commitment in the neighbourhood plan to do this. It was agreed to write to DCC for any suggestions.  


2016/2017-69 COMMUNICATION IN THE PARISH – WEBSITE/EMAILS

Councillors agreed to establish a Parish Council email list and investigate a new website. It was agreed to distribute a

newsletter with this information.


2016/2017-70 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN - MONITORING/FOCUSSING AVBC - POLITICAL SUPPORT.

An annual report is required.  Councillor Walker offered to progress this.


2016/2017-71 LUBRIZOL COMMUNICATIONS.  TO INCLUDE DEFIBRILLATOR PROVISION.

The minutes of the last meeting had been circulated. It was agreed to investigate funding for a defibrillator.  Lubrizol were

happy for theirs to be available and it was agreed to check about the link with EMAS.


2016/2017-72 BROADBAND IN HAZELWOOD

The Clerk is waiting for the DCC Digital Derbyshire Engagement Officer to provide an update.


2016/2017-73 ARCHIVING 

It was agreed to look at the current documentation available and archive as necessary.


2016/2017-74 POLICIES & PROCEDURE  

It was resolved to adopt the circulated Review of Effectiveness of Internal Audit.  The Clerk will review and update as necessary all required policies and procedures.


2016/2017-75 ACCESS TO FUNDING - LOCAL & WIDER

The Parish Clerk will try and source funding as and when required.


2016/2017-76 COMMUNITY PROJECTS

Included as part of the Neighbourhood Plan item.


2016/2017-77 MEMORIAL HALL & LETTINGS

Councillor Harris reported that the hall is as busy as ever.  There had been some complaints regarding lack of heating in

the small meeting room. There had been some damage to the cooker which has been repaired and the lights had been

left on. A second quote is awaited for a replacement door. It was agreed to go ahead with the quote for replacement

flooring in the entrance passage and old stage areas from Spondon Carpets for  £946.00.


2016/2017-78 CORRESPONDENCE FOR ACTION

 Transparency Funding for laptop/printer/software £607.65. Funding had been received and the Clerk to purchase the appropriate equipment.

 Safer Neighbourhood Teams withdrawing their presence. There has been a re-organisation within the

Police.  It was agreed to include NHW in the newsletter.


2016/2017-79 CLERKS REPORT

 None


2016/2017-80 FINANCE


RESOLVE:   That the Accounts listed below be accepted for payment


  Account Payee Expenditure £

Cheque Hazelwood VH S Bott Wages September 120.00

Cheque Hazelwood VH S Bott Wages October 150.00

Cheque Hazelwood VH S Bott Wages November 120.00

Cheque Hazelwood VH British Gas Gas 150.22

Cheque Hazelwood PC L Storey Wages  181.20

Cheque Hazelwood PC HMRC  PAYE 38.40

    TOTAL   759.82


2016/2017-81 PLANNING MATTERS


Applications

It was resolved to object to the following application:-

 AVA/2016/1126 Land off Over Lane Hazelwood Ten new affordable homes, and ten retirement dwellings. (This is not in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.)

It was agreed to hold an extra ordinary meeting to discuss the following application:-

 AVA/2016/1166 Rose Cottage Firestone Single storey front / side extension and associated external alterations.


Approved

 AVA/2016/0868 Kalamunda Hob Hill Application for the Approval of Reserved Matters for the Construction of One Dwelling

2016/2017-82 ITEMS FOR INFORMATION

 DALC Circular 16

 DALC Training in November 2016

 Lighting upgrade from Lubrizol

 Marketing your Village & Community Hall Training

 Meet the Chief Officer - 22 November – Belper

 Peak District Rural Housing Association - Annual Report for 2015-2016


2016/2018-83 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

22 January 2017 7.00 pm Hazelwood Memorial Hall





Signed                                                            Chairman       25/1/17  Date