Home what's on Parish Council community landscape gallery Neighbourhood Plan

             

                        Hazelwood Parish Council

Minutes of a meeting of Hazelwood Parish Council held in the Memorial Hall, Hazelwood on 25th July 2013 commencing at 7.30p.m.

Present: Chairman: Councillor M Angold Councillors: Councillors K Walker, L Brown, J Harris and H Walford

Also present: Clerk: Mrs S E Smith

Members of the Public: Cllr David Taylor (AVBC)

15/13/14 Apologies given: No apologies were given

16/13/14 Variation of Order of Business

No variation to Order of Business was deemed necessary.

17/13/14 Declaration of Members Interests

None

18/13/14 Public Speaking

Councillor Taylor attended the meeting and informed council that the Core Strategy is available on the internet for Amber Valley Borough Council. He also advised that Beth Turner of AVBC is organising village games within rural communities to offer an opportunity for families to get together. Refuse collections in the area are changing to ensure that they are more efficient by having the same collections during each week so that there is no difficulty for the lorries out on the road. Councillor Taylor had been made aware of a possible development at the Roughs on the edge of Hazelwood Parish, as it is actually in the parish of Shottle and Postern, that it would be advisable to liaise with them regarding any concerns that Hazelwood may have. Zoe Crockett is the enforcement officer in the Borough and would be interested if any development in a designated conservation area. If any shed type buildings or roads would need to be disclosed

19/13/14 Minutes of the last Meeting

Minutes of the council meeting held on the 16th May 2013, copies of which had been passed to the councillors prior to this meeting, were taken as read, approved and signed by the Chairman for accuracy only.

20/13/14 Items for Exclusion

Nothing was deemed necessary for exclusion.

21/13/14 Chairman's Announcements 

A request was made to make the payment to NatWest Mastercard by direct debit to ensure payment is made promptly, this was agreed by all. 

As the highways department had refused any village sign, it was requested that an email was sent to the County Councillor to see if that would have any impact. It had been previously suggested that the entrance to the car park be improved and widened, the Clerk to pursue this issue as damage had been caused by the Council waste lorry. 

It was agreed that after quotes from British Gas had been received to reduce costs to change full supplier of dual fuel. It would be necessary to submit readings online. 

Clerk to contact highways regarding a litter warning sign for the laybys around the village. Again to email Martin Tomlinson as he is in charge of the Clean and Green campaign in the area. 

Judy Harris had further completed a welcome to the village letter, Councillor Walker was to add further details to complete this. 

It had been requested to have a community notice board, costs were in the region of £350-£1500 + VAT, more in depth costs would be sourced. 

There has still been no further information regarding the "fingerpost" sign in Spring Hollow, again Clerk to chase Amber Valley Borough Council. 

Councillor Harris had attended the liaison meeting held at County Hall in Matlock and found it quite informative. There was information regarding better broadband in the area, a further meeting is to be held in September. Sensor lights and marker security pens were received to enable further safety for the elderly.

22/13/14 Derbyshire Association of Local Councils

All circulars having been previously circulated were received.

23/13/14 Financial Matters

(a) Present Balances Business Reserve £0.02 Memorial Hall £3285.13 Parish Council £1432.67 

(b) 

(c) 

24/13/14 Memorial Hall and Lettings

Nothing further

25/13/14 Planning and Licensing Matters

Councillors noted the Planning and Licensing Matters as detailed on the agenda, information which had been previously circulated by the Clerk. AVA/2013/0637 - general comments regarding the impact and draw planners attention to the Velux windows in the garage roof.

26/13/14 Neighbourhood Planning

A meeting was held on the 17th July 2013 in the Memorial Hall. This was well attended with 65 parishioners, there were several offers to take this to the next stage to adopt a constitution, select a committee and arrange a further meeting in September. The Chairman will email potential committee members.

PART II - CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

27/13/14 Staff Salaries for Payment


28/13/14 Date and Time of the next meeting

The next meeting will be held in the Memorial Hall, Hazelwood, at 7.30pm on 26th September 2013

The meeting was closed at 9.15pm

Signed______________________________ Chairman ___________________Date